A special offer consists of 3 items that are full of freshness and energy. Exactly what you need in the morning to start your day and be ready for new challenges. That's why we picked 1 kg of Maynard plums, 1 kg of Thompson Seedless grape and 1 kg of peaches and 1 kg of Stanley plums. All these items are carefully packed into a wooden box so there is no worries about shopping. Everything will be delivered on time and in proper shape.
And of course, it is a discount offer where you save 15%. Safe and sound gets a new meaning ;)
Pasta Pomodoro with Shrimp
1/2 pound angel hair pasta
3/4 pound raw, peeled, deveined shrimp (medium sized)
4 ripe Campari Tomatoes
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup torn fresh basil leaves
3 Tbsp olive oil (divided, 1 Tbsp and 2 Tbsp)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Fill a large pot with 2 quarts of water. Bring to a boil (You will be using this water to both blanch the tomatoes and boil the pasta.) Core the tomatoes and use a sharp knife to cut a small X into the bottom end of each tomato. When the water is boiling, use a slotted spoon to lower the tomatoes into the water. Blanch for no more than one minute, just enough to loosen the skins. Remove tomatoes with a slotted spoon to a bowl of icy water, saving the blanching water.
- Peel off the tomato skins from the tomatoes. Cut the tomatoes crosswise in half, and squeeze out most of the seeds and juices. Chop the tomatoes into 1-inch pieces.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of olive oil in a large sauté pan on medium high heat. Add the shrimp to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Turn the shrimp over in the pan. Lower the heat to medium.
- Add the garlic, cook a minute more. Add the chopped tomatoes and basil. Sprinkle with salt. Cook for a minute more and remove from heat.
- Add a tablespoon of salt to the water you used to blanch the tomatoes. Bring to a boil again. Add the angel hair pasta and cook for 3 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and immediately add to pot with the shrimp and tomatoes. Drizzle the pasta with 2 Tbsp of olive oil. Then stir the pasta in with the shrimp and tomatoes. Serve immediately or at room temp.