Brandywine tomatoes popularly is considered among the best tasting available, probably is caused its origin. Brandywine tomato plant is an heirloom cultivar of the species. if you want to taste the best tomatoey flavor this tomato is exactly what you need. This particular cultivar is extremely succulent and tasty. It is a beautifully sweet tomato that is offset by a wonderful acidity that is a perfect combination for delicious dishes.
- Energy 18Kcal
- Carbohydrates 3.9g
- Protein 0.9g
- Total Fat 0.2g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2g
Pasta Pomodoro with Shrimp
1/2 pound angel hair pasta
3/4 pound raw, peeled, deveined shrimp (medium sized)
4 ripe Campari Tomatoes
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup torn fresh basil leaves
3 Tbsp olive oil (divided, 1 Tbsp and 2 Tbsp)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Fill a large pot with 2 quarts of water. Bring to a boil (You will be using this water to both blanch the tomatoes and boil the pasta.) Core the tomatoes and use a sharp knife to cut a small X into the bottom end of each tomato. When the water is boiling, use a slotted spoon to lower the tomatoes into the water. Blanch for no more than one minute, just enough to loosen the skins. Remove tomatoes with a slotted spoon to a bowl of icy water, saving the blanching water.
- Peel off the tomato skins from the tomatoes. Cut the tomatoes crosswise in half, and squeeze out most of the seeds and juices. Chop the tomatoes into 1-inch pieces.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of olive oil in a large sauté pan on medium high heat. Add the shrimp to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Turn the shrimp over in the pan. Lower the heat to medium.
- Add the garlic, cook a minute more. Add the chopped tomatoes and basil. Sprinkle with salt. Cook for a minute more and remove from heat.
- Add a tablespoon of salt to the water you used to blanch the tomatoes. Bring to a boil again. Add the angel hair pasta and cook for 3 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and immediately add to pot with the shrimp and tomatoes. Drizzle the pasta with 2 Tbsp of olive oil. Then stir the pasta in with the shrimp and tomatoes. Serve immediately or at room temp.