3 large Gala apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup chopped crystallized ginger
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons brown sugar, divided
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 trans-fat-free piecrust
Vegetable oil cooking spray
- Heat oven to 400°F. In a bowl, toss apples with walnuts, ginger, 2 tablespoons sugar, flour and cinnamon. Roll pie crust into a 12-inch circle, about 1/8-inch thick.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray; place pie crust on sheet. Arrange apple slices in one layer to form a circle about 3 inches from edge of pie crust; fill in circle with more slices.
- Scrape any remaining walnuts and ginger from bowl onto apples. Gently fold edges of pie crust over outer edge of apple filling to form a thick crust.
- Spray outer rim of crust with cooking spray; sprinkle crust with remaining 2 teaspoons sugar.
- Bake until crust is golden brown and apples are soft, 35 minutes. Cut into 8 slices and serve.