Wonderful for bringing out the flavor of other foods, limes, while similar to lemons, have their own distinctive citrus flavor. Lime juice even has more acid and natural sugar content than its close cousin lemon juice. While some limes, known as sweet limes, contain little citric acid, the tart variety will give you the most nutritional bang for your buck.
- Energy 30 kcal
- Carbohydrates 11 g
- Fat 0.2 g
- Protein 0.7 g
Plum Tarts With Honey and Black Pepper
1 pound Stanley plums, pitted, cut into 1/2 wedges
1 sheet frozen puff pastry (one 14-ounce package or half of 17.3-ounce package), thawed according to package directions
1/4 cup sugar
Freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon honey
Flaky sea salt (such as Maldon)
- Preheat oven to 425°. Cut pastry into six 4" squares, place on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and prick all over with a fork. Top with plums, leaving a 1/2 border.
- Sprinkle with sugar; season with a few grinds of pepper.
- Bake tarts, rotating pan halfway through, until edges of pastry are puffed and golden brown, 25-30 minutes.
- Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with salt just before serving.
- Do ahead: Tarts can be baked 4 hours ahead. Keep at room temperature.