Leeks have a mild, onion-like taste. In its raw state, the vegetable is crunchy and firm. The edible portions of the leek are the white base of the leaves (above the roots and stem base), the light green parts, and to a lesser extent the dark green parts of the leaves. One of the most popular uses is for adding flavor to stock.
- Energy 61Kcal
- Carbohydrates 14g
- Protein 0.9g
- Total Fat 0.3g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5g
Raspberry Pie Glutten-Free
1 cup cornflour
1.25 cup white sugar
1 quart fresh raspberries
0.75 cups brown sugar
8 teaspoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
6 tablespoons water
4 tablespoons butter
- Mix together raspberries, sugar, cornstarch, minute tapioca and water. Let sit while you make your pie crust.
- Blend together cornflour, white sugar and egs to make crust. Extra flour can be need to form thicked crust.
- Put berries in bottom crust, and put 4 - 1 tablespoon pats of butter on top. Put on top crust and crimp edges.
- Make slits in the crust to allow the steam to escape. Add one layer of fresh berries denting the crust.
- Make slits in the crust to allow the steam to escape. Add one layer of fresh berries denting the crust. Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake for 45 minutes.