The heart-shaped silhouette of the strawberry is the first clue that this fruit is good for you. These potent little packages protect your heart, increase HDL (good) cholesterol, lower your blood pressure, and guard against cancer.
- Energy 16kcal
- Carbohydrates 3.6 g
- Fat 0.1 g
- Protein 0.7 g
Pastry dough for a single-crust pie
2 tablespoons semolina flour
8 tablespoons granulated sugar
5 large red plums (1 1/2 lb), halved, pitted, and each cut lengthwise into 8 wedges
1 tablespoon confectioners sugar
3/4 cup creame frache or sour cream
1 tablespoon Armagnac or Cognac (optional)
Special equipment: parchment paper
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large (17- by 12-inch) baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface with a lightly floured rolling pin into a 13-inch round. Transfer to baking sheet.
- Stir together semolina flour and 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and spread evenly over dough, leaving a 1-inch border. Arrange plums, skin sides down, in 1 layer on top of sugar mixture, then sprinkle plums with 3 tablespoons granulated sugar. Fold in edge of dough to cover outer rim of plums, pleating dough as necessary.
- Bake galette, loosely covered with a sheet of foil, 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake until fruit is tender and juices are bubbling, about 5 minutes more.
- Transfer galette on baking sheet to a rack and immediately brush hot juices over plums using a pastry brush. Dust hot galette with confectioners sugar. Cool to warm or room temperature, about 30 minutes.