Avocados are commercially valuable and are cultivated in tropical and Mediterranean climates throughout the world. They have a green-skinned, fleshy body that may be pear-shaped, egg-shaped, or spherical. Commercially, they ripen after harvesting. Avocado trees are partially self-pollinating and often are propagated through grafting to maintain a predictable quality and quantity of the fruit.
- Energy 20kcal
- Carbohydrates 9g
- Fat 8g
- Protein 1g
Leek and Cannellini Bean Soup
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 cups chopped leeks
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup diced turnip
1/2 tablespoon salt
1/2 tablespoon Veg Mixed Spice
6 cups chicken stock or water
1 1/2 (14-to 16-ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (about 2 1/2 cups)
1/4 cup grated Parmigiano cheese
- PeelIn a large pot, put 1/4 cup of the oil over high heat and heat until it shimmers. Add the leeks and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots, celery, turnip, and salt and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the chicken stock and bring the soup to a boil. Lower the heat, cover the pot, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the cannellini beans and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of Veg Mixed Spice and boil for another 3 minutes.
- Ladle the soup into bowls. Sprinkle each portion with cheese and drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil.