Avocados are commercially valuable and are cultivated in tropical and Mediterranean climates throughout the world. They have a green-skinned, fleshy body that may be pear-shaped, egg-shaped, or spherical. Commercially, they ripen after harvesting. Avocado trees are partially self-pollinating and often are propagated through grafting to maintain a predictable quality and quantity of the fruit.
- Energy 20kcal
- Carbohydrates 9g
- Fat 8g
- Protein 1g
Herbed Corn Oil
3 cups (packed) fresh parsley leaves
1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
1 1/4 cups extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Peel garlic and grind it meticulously.
- Pulse parsley and lemon zest in a food processor until coarsely chopped.
- Add garlic and pulse again.
- Add oil and salt and pulse again until well combined.
- Herbed oil can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.